Every once in a while, I look back on the journey in life so far and look ahead to what the future has to offer. One of those introspective trips planted the seed of thought of changing the status quo. I could feel a void that a change in job/role or internal organizational training couldn’t fill.
The business side of a venture has always interested me and I felt that an MBA from a world-class institution would lay a strong foundation to build a career upon. Having lived in Ireland for almost six years now, the UCD Smurfit MBA was at the top of my list. A bit of information gathering over internet, talking to alumni and attending a breakfast lecture session helped me make up my mind.
As I’m gearing up for a change of direction, here is my take on the expectations from the MBA @ UCD Smurfit.
- Experience a world-class business education.
- Learn from diverse peers both inside and outside of the classroom.
- Build a good network of people with shared interests.
- Get a wider perspective on business to enable my transition to more commercial focused roles from my past operational focused ones.
- Have a bit of fun and form great friendships for life.
So this is me, Sundar (you may try Sundaresan Balasubramanian for a tongue twister), a Full-Time MBA student with nine years of global work experience in telecom with the likes of Ericsson and Verizon, looking forward to an amazing journey ahead.
FT MBA 2014.